WE SAVE A LOT MORE THAN MONEY
WHEN WE SAVE ENERGY
Misuse of fossil fuels causes political instability, pollution, adverse health effects, global warming, acid rain and other problems.
Radiantec energy systems help the Environment in many ways.
- Radiant systems use less fossil fuel than other systems and preserve more of our resources for our children and grandchildren.
- Radiantec systems are cleaner than other systems. They pollute less and create less acid rain.
- In addition, they produce fewer greenhouse gasses that are causing global warming.
- Radiantec systems are affordable by the average person and this is very important.
- And finally, most Radiantec energy systems can be assisted by solar energy, our cleanest, most renewable energy source.
“Those who live closest to the heating unit
are the ones who will benefit most
from the fact that it does not pollute.”
The saying is particularly true for wood and coal burning heaters, but it is also true for gas and oil. All Radiantec products have low emissions and are as environmentally friendly as possible.
This is what happens when any fossil fuel is burned.
Fossil fuels are made up of carbon and hydrogen primarily, but often there is also sulphur and small amounts of mercury. When any hydrocarbon burns, the hydrogen and carbon atoms combine with oxygen to form CO2 (carbon dioxide) and H2O (water) in the form of steam. The sulphur burns to form SO2 (sulphur dioxide) and the nitrogen in the air forms NO2 (nitrous oxide) at the high combustion temperatures. Mercury turns into more active compounds that humans can absorb. This is the stew that most chimneys and smokestacks emit into the air.
Here is how Radiantec systems and the
Polaris water heater helps the environment.
These pollutants are only environmental problems when they are discharged into the air. They are all soluble in water. A condensing heating unit condenses the steam down to water and in the process dissolves a significant amount of the pollutants in the water. The condensate can then be safely discharged to a drain. In the process the latent heat in the steam is recovered and the efficiency of the heating unit increases by about 10%.
For all of those reasons, Radiantec Company recommends condensing heating units whenever they are practical. We believe that the Polaris water heater is a particularly good choice.
Click here for more information about our environmental problems and how you can help.